Chatsworth is active in the Public Finance area and has served as co-manager in some of the largest municipal public offerings including the 2004 California Economic Recovery Bond offering and the State’s General Obligation Bonds offering. As co-managers we are involved in many aspects of municipal offerings including:
- Assisting the Issuer and lead underwriter with developing an optimal debt structure and financing program, which not only meets the current needs of the Issuer, but also considers its long-term capital needs.
- Attending any meetings of the Issuer that pertain to relevant financial matters, especially the underwriting.
- Working with the Issuer and the lead underwriter on various options that include setting the timing of the sale, the par amount, maturity schedule, coupon structure, redemption provisions and all other major features that make bond issues attractive to potential investors.
- Assisting in the preparation of all documents relating to a financing, including the Preliminary Official Statement (POS), the Official Statement (OS), the Indenture or Bond Resolution, the Bond Purchase Agreement and related documentation.
- Working with the Issuer’s officials, their staff and other retained professionals (including their financial advisor, bond counsel, accountants, engineers, etc.) and the lead underwriter in the development and execution of a proposed financing.